I think its very safe to say that I’ve gone beyond the call of duty and delivered a whopping two updates in a week! Thats a record for a lazy bum like me y’know! Note that when the comic starts updating these filler pieces will be moved to the art page.
The good news is that if you’re wallowing on the couch on Boxing Day (thats the 26th December to non-Commonwealth types) full of Goose & Turkey and sick of your Uncle Bob “McFartypants” stinking the place out then my advice will be to go and hide away in some corner of the house and check out Hard Graft because it will update with page 99!
Anyway I did say I was going to post a round up of the year as I saw it. So good points, bad points and the wonders of travel!
- Having a new job is cool and its quite an exciting one…more exciting than the last one anyway and helps me loose weight. I’ve managed to do more travelling in 4 months than I did in an entire two years as well!
Saracens winning the league
- Yes, yes
- but seriously I was in tears after Saracens shut out Leicester for a full 11 minutes to clinch the Aviva Premiership crown. Absolute delirium couldn’t quite describe it to be honest!
Managing to complete chap. 3 by the end of 2011
- ! Finally the monkey is off my back and I can at last relax…until chap. 4 starts when all the fun starts all over again. Seriously though chap. 3 was looking to be vapourware at one point until we fixed a few things and fired a few rockets if you know what I mean so I’m glad that is all sorted out.
New job almost obliterating me.
- Various issues with pay leaving my last job (NEVER WORK IN THE PAYMENT PROCESSING INDUSTRY!) meant that the stresses of the new job combined with Hard Graft knocked me for six. This is my little baby which means I’m responsible for all the costs which is a fair cop to be honest but it can grind you down sometimes.
England crashing out of the World Cup 2011.
- Nuff said.
Various editing issues.
- I may well allude to this in a future interview but the number of post-production edits required for chap.3 were maddening at times.
Travelling four times in two months.
- Threw my schedule into Mt Doom and basically left me unable to even function properly at home as I was always 4,000 miles from home on the road.
And thats the good and bad points of this year drilled down to some bitesize pieces! In other news, I’ve been working with Alan Evans on a little Rival Angels related mini-project which he is working on right now and should be ready in the new year! Stay tuned on his site to find out what it is!
Hope you all have a great Christmas and a happy and Prosperous New Year!
Hey chaps and chappettes! Sorry for the laaaaate update and sorry for no comics (yet) but we have been busy behind the scenes with Jules working on a few ideas for the next 30 odd pages! You see now we have most of the story mapped out we can now start the arduous task of storyboarding and sketching everything until its just right which means you’ll be treated to some lovely filler from time to time.
And as this is the season to be jolly and all that I’ll be dropping some lovely concept sketches from time to time to see how Hard Graft looks behind the scenes such as this beaut featuring a character you’ll all be seeing very shortly in January!
Anyway I’ll be dropping more over the next few days with some talk about my fun in Chicago, my favourite (and worst) airlines I’ve flown this year and so on!
And so Kathy finally gets some sleep while Alan & Bern continue their baffling friendship. A bromance in progress…I guess.
Also we’re getting so so so so so so close to 100 comics. Not building up to anything but..yeah. Almost at 100 comics! Woo!